WILLIAM L. ATWOOD
Served as Camp Commander from 1959 til 1962, and was the son of John Cowan and Georgie Tunstall (Baker) Atwood. His grand-father was Dr. Legrand Atwood, Confederate surgeon and later president of the St. Louis Medical Society. Dr. Atwood was also director of the State Asylum at Fulton, Missouri, and a frequent lecturer at St. Louis University. In 1892 he was mayor of Ferguson, Missouri. . Dr. Atwood died August 22nd, 1917 and is buried in Fee Fee Cemetery
Sources; The Book of St. Louisans 1912 p.28-29
The History of Bridgeton, Missouri “Bridgeton Since 1794"
Fee Fee Cemetery Records
Confederate Veteran Magazine 1918 p.215